This list was taken from compiled list at: http://imgur.com/gallery/oY5DA
A friend of mine posted this on his Facebook page, but I believe it could reach more people here.
I’ve added my own bits of commentary at the end of each day to put my own thoughts in about these events, but I haven’t let my opinion sway the event descriptions, so if you want a completely unbiased view then just read the *’s passages.
* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the DOJ’s Violence Against Women programs.
* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the National Endowment for the Arts.
* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the National Endowment for the Humanities.
* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Corporation for Public Broadcasting.
* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Minority Business Development Agency.
* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Economic Development Administration.
* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the International Trade Administration.
* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Manufacturing Extension Partnership.
* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Office of Community Oriented Policing Services.
* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Legal Services Corporation.
* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Civil Rights Division of the DOJ.
* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Environmental and Natural Resources Division of the DOJ.
* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Overseas Private Investment Corporation.
* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.
* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Office of Electricity Deliverability and Energy Reliability.
* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy.
* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Office of Fossil Energy.
So basically funding cuts from everything, especially environmental and humanities work. Because global warming is fake and we don’t need to create a better world for nothing.
* On January 20th, 2017, DT ordered all regulatory powers of all federal agencies frozen.
* On January 20th, 2017, DT ordered the National Parks Service to stop using social media after RTing factual, side by side photos of the crowds for the 2009 and 2017 inaugurations.
* On January 20th, 2017, roughly 230 protestors were arrested in DC and face unprecedented felony riot charges. Among them were legal observers, journalists, and medics.
* On January 20th, 2017, a member of the International Workers of the World was shot in the stomach at an anti-fascist protest in Seattle. He remains in critical condition.
Orders to silence and remove power from the NPS for tweeting facts. Let me restate that; a company has been ordered to stop using twitter because they offended Donald Trump with factual images of the inauguration. How petty and self-absorbed do you have to be to ignore facts and abuse your power as the leader of arguably the most powerful country in the world, for gagging a twitter account?
The rioters being arrested I’m fine with, aside from the journalists and other innocent people who were taken in under false charges.
* On January 21st, 2017, DT brought a group of 40 cheerleaders to a meeting with the CIA to cheer for him during a speech that consisted almost entirely of framing himself as the victim of dishonest press.
* On January 21st, 2017, White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer held a press conference largely to attack the press for accurately reporting the size of attendance at the inaugural festivities, saying that the inauguration had the largest audience of any in history, “period.”
If both of these don’t show that Donald Trump is self-absorbed then I don’t know what will. He appears to be genuinely offended that he didn’t get as many people at his inauguration in comparison to Obama’s, which is proven by Sean Spicer inflating his ego more by stating that he did have the largest audience, when he didn’t.
* On January 22nd, 2017, White House advisor Kellyann Conway defended Spicer’s lies as “alternative facts” on national television news.
* On January 22nd, 2017, DT appeared to blow a kiss to director James Comey during a meeting with the FBI, and then opened his arms in a gesture of strange, paternal affection, before hugging him with a pat on the back.
I’d comment on the alternative facts thing but that’s already beating a dead horse even after four days. And the appearance of a ‘kiss’ I believe is a bit too far and would probably only be as a token of endearment, nothing more, so I don’t think Donald Trump being gay has any ground nor would it matter if he were.
* On January 23rd, 2017, DT reinstated the global gag order, which defunds international organizations that even mention abortion as a medical option.
* On January 23rd, 2017, Spicer said that the US will not tolerate China’s expansion onto islands in the South China Sea, ‘essentially threatening war with China’. (Quotes where I believe the event turns into more opinion than event.)
* On January 23rd, 2017, DT repeated the lie that 3-5 million people voted “illegally” thus costing him the popular vote.
* On January 23rd, 2017, it was announced that the man who shot the anti-fascist protester in Seattle was released without charges, despite turning himself in.
Global gag order, further proving that other countries are severely affected by funding from America, especially those in poverty who need this funding. Especially against abortion, which will make humanitarian aid in the future cost even more due to an increase in population.
China’s expansion into the South China ‘islands’ is a bit odd, because a percentage of the islands are technically man-made, and their use hasn’t been defined yet. And I very much doubt that the US wants to threaten war with China over these islands and I think this might be an overreaction.
Again, claiming that millions of people voted illegally to support that he did win the popular vote, with no evidence, further proves DT’s petty insecurity, despite the fact that he won presidency.
And a man turned himself in for shooting an innocent protestor, and was released with no charges despite the protestor being in a serious condition in hospital. Classic America.
* On January 24th, 2017, Spicer reiterated the lie that 3-5 million people voted “illegally” thus costing DT the popular vote.
* On January 24th, 2017, DT tweeted a picture from his personal Twitter account of a photo he says depicts the crowd at his inauguration and will hang in the White House press room. The photo is curiously dated January 21st, 2017, the day AFTER the inauguration and the day of the Women’s March, the largest inauguration related protest in history.
* On January 24th, 2017, the EPA was ordered to stop communicating with the public through social media or the press and to freeze all grants and contracts.
* On January 24th, 2017, the USDA was ordered to stop communicating with the public through social media or the press and to stop publishing any papers or research. All communication with the press would also have to be authorized and vetted by the White House.
* On January 24th, 2017, HR7, a bill that would prohibit federal funding not only to abortion service providers, but to any insurance coverage, including Medicaid, that provides abortion coverage, went to the floor of the House for a vote.
* On January 24th, 2017, Director of the Department of Health and Human Service nominee Tom Price characterized federal guidelines on transgender equality as “absurd.”
* On January 24th, 2017, DT ordered the resumption of construction on the Dakota Access Pipeline, while the North Dakota state congress considers a bill that would legalize hitting and killing protestors with cars if they are on roadways.
* On January 24th, 2017, it was discovered that police officers had used confiscated cell phones to search the emails and messages of the 230 demonstrators now facing felony riot charges for protesting on January 20th, including lawyers and journalists whose email accounts contain privileged information of clients and sources.
Boy this was a packed day. Spicer further proves how deflated Trump’s ego is about the inauguration.
Donald Trump posts a picture allegedly of the inauguration crowd, when the date implies the picture was of the women’s marches. Nothing too bad, but if it was true it shows Trump’s deflating ego.
Trump also ordered the silencing of the EPA and the USDA, meaning any information that comes out of these organisations has to be approved by the government. Trump is silencing two entire organisations, who are not dedicated to proving Donald Trump wrong and for the most part are just factual twitter posts and so on, because Trump felt intimidated by them. This is pathetic for two reasons; These organisations are almost purely for the benefit of mankind and nature, and that Trump, in the position of President of the United States, feels intimidated by two twitter accounts. I don’t even know how to approach this situation because of how petty it is.
The vote for limiting funding to abortion to further ruin the lives of both unborn children and poverty-stricken parents alike sounds like a great idea and won’t cost the US millions in welfare or harm the lives of many young women. Why not?
Say what you want about there only being two genders, I’m perfectly fine with and agree that there are only two genders; however, transgender is switching from one gender to another, due to psychological, physical, and physiological reasons. It’s not as absurd as it sounds from a biological point of view and it shouldn’t be raised as an issue because some people can’t process it. Granted some people could say the same about being one of the 53 genders that exist, but there’s no physical evidence that proves someone is a different gender than Male or Female.
Protesting against the North Dakota government means you can now be legally driven over in a car and the driver will face no consequences. Though this isn’t directly to do with Donald Trump, it’s still fucked up regardless of your stance on the pipeline project. Protestors have the right to protest, they have freedom of speech just as much as anyone else, and they do not deserve to be run over by a car. Had this happened when the BLM movement was purposely blocking highways for no reason, I would have been more lenient, but this is a completely different situation where protestors are not causing mass inconveniences for the entire population, they are only protesting the construction of the pipeline and are only inconveniencing those who want to construct the pipeline.
Police officers searching the phones of people who were proven to use the marches and protests as an excuse to riot, i’m completely fine with. However, when journalists and other innocent civilians who are accused with no evidence have their phones stolen to look through their emails and messages for no reason, is a breach in privacy.
* And on January 25th, 2017, the wall across the Mexican border, spanning over 2000 miles and costing billions of dollars, a ban on Muslims entering from a large number of countries, and the end to accepting Syrian refugees.
A wall is such a moronic idea, especially considering that an amount of the border is filled with forests and rivers, not the cliche dusty baron desert you see on most border patrol pictures. And regardless of whether the wall even works for people attempting to cross the border that way, planes can fly over walls, boats can travel around walls through the ocean, and tunnels can dig under walls. I agree that it’s more of a statement than anything else but billions of dollars to prove that he’s actually keeping to one of his many election promises is pathetic, and at this stage he’s only building the wall to fuel his ego.
A ban on Muslims entering the country; exactly what ISIS wants to help get more recruits for their cause by segregating our countries and making Muslims feel outcast and wanting to feel included.
The amount of Syrian refugees being accepted into the country was also pathetic so now that America is accepting none doesn’t change much aside from making the hope of Syrian refugees degrade even more.
Massive post, and I’m making two other posts for people to downvote to prove that I don’t care about points anymore, just about getting this information heard. Go into my profile and downvote the two posts, and let me know what excuse you’re making for Trump and his horrible cabinet picks. I’ve got ‘single-issue voter’ copied to my clipboard so I don’t have to type it out to everyone who’s trying to defend him.
And remember, the lack of information and education is what led to this guy being voted in to begin with, so any comments that say it’s too long are simply proving my point.